Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Summer TV and other stuff. . . .

I'm pumped about my favorite summer show.  Food Network Star is back. It starts June 5th and 8pm Central time.  It's always just in time with all of the network shows going into re-runs.  I can't wait.

I'm still waiting to hear back about last weeks interviews.  I'm still applying in other places.  I've also decided to expand my search a bit.  I may consider some other venues other than school districts who hire counselors such as, universities, colleges, hospitals, churches etc.  I may feel differently after a restful summer, but for now I'm still really thinking I'm ready for a change.  I'll keep you posted. 

In other news - I met with the hematologist (Dr. H) yesterday about the blood clot. His office is in the new Sammons Center at Baylor downtown.  It's a really cool building, but they should have planned for more parking.  



After all of the test and even the discovery of the strange mutation, they think it was mainly a spontaneous clot. Spontaneous as in - caused by nothing, could have happened to anyone.  In someways that's great. On the other hand - who's to say I won't get another one?  Dr. H was at least more positive about the effects of the mutation. He had a lot more recent research on the topic and unlike the Dr. who diagnosed the mutation, Dr. H doesn't think it will ever cause my any major problems.  In fact I only have to stay on the blood thinners until July, just for precaution and then I can put the whole blood clot thing behind me.

No comments: