Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Good Times - This is for you Sara!

One of my favorite baby sitters growing up was Sara Lewis.  We lived in Olney, Texas when I was a toddler.  I think we moved there before my 2nd birthday and moved to Arkansas the summer I turned 5. Sara went to our church and she often kept Steffi and me when the Rents were busy.  I have a few memories of Sara, and to be honest, I'm not sure they are accurate.  I was very young and I could be mixing things up in my mind????

I remember she would let me brush her hair.  I also remember eating raw spaghetti with her?   I was her flower girl when she married Freddie.  I loved the hat that came with my dress.  I think I kept it in my dress up box for years to come. I think she and Freddie had a pink bath tub in their first apartment??  She reads this blog, so maybe she can confirm some of these odd memories.

She posted this picture on Facebook today and it got me thinking about all of this. Thanks Sara.  I also got your note recently - your so sweet.

Another favorite sitter was Julie Johnson from Dumas, Arkansas. Unfortunately I don't have in groovy pictures of us from back in the day.

Dad and the group from Procter are still on their way back.  Thanks for your prayers.

I promise I will post more about the job situation later this week.

No comments: