Saturday, May 7, 2011

Weekend Recap!

Last night Amy and I decided to use a couple of our Living Social Deals.  A few months ago we both purchased the Rusty Taco daily deal.  For those not familiar with Living Social - you go to the website and sign up to receive daily emails offering a one-time great deal.  The Rusty Taco deal was $10 for $20 worth of food and drinks.  You purchase online and print the voucher.





This was my first visit to Rusty Taco and I loved it.  They serve authentic street tacos in a wide variety of meats and flavors. I got one fried chicken taco and one brisket taco. Both were great.  I also tasted the roasted pork and it was good too.  Of course dinner also included chips, salsa, queso and guacamole.  I have to say I think I have a new favorite place for the time being. 

After dinner we headed over to Mockingbird Station to the Angelika Film Center to see The Conspirator.  We were able to use one of Amy's Living Social deals for the movie tickets.  The movie was good.  It was of course a little bit of a downer, but  the plot was interesting.  I recognized  many of the places in Savannah.  I was pretty sure I recognized the boarding house in the film.  When I got home I looked it up.  The home used as the Surratt home in the movie, is just 4 doors down from where I stayed on Taylor Street in the summer of 2004.  I also recognized the Owen-Thomas House which I've toured several times.  It's known for it's great faux painting of the walls and ceilings, making the home appear larger than it really is.



Today I went to Palestine with Steffi, Tad and Beau to meet up with  The Rents for a little Mother's Day celebration.  We had lunch and then went to a local park so Beau could burn of some energy before the trip back.

Side note:  Apparently the Veggie Tales characters have a new praise and worship album where they sing contemporary Christian praise songs.  I have to say, It's kind of funny to hear Larry and Bob sing serious worship songs.  Steffi and I had a flashback moment when we heard "I Am a Promise", one of the first songs we ever sang together in church.  I'm not sure why it was on the contemporary album, but it was still fun to reminisce.


I'd like to give a special shout out to Mom - Thanks for all you've done and all you still do for me.  I am truly blessed.

1 comment:

Amy Jane said...

I am a promise! I am a possibility! :-)

I have 2 of those Rusty Taco deals, too! I see another dinner date in our future.....