Wednesday, April 13, 2011

2011 so far . . .

It's sad that my first blog entry for 2011 is in Mid April. I've had some computer trouble this year that has prevented me from blogging but I hope to fix that soon.

So far 2011 has been pretty crazy. I got a blood clot in my right leg the first week in January. Turns out I have a genetic mutation called MTHFR c677t that caused the clot and apparently puts me at risk to get another one. I have two copies of the mutation, one from each parent. Thanks Mom and Dad - my parents have always been so generous - ha! It's all pretty much under control now. It was just a little scary.

I am once again searching for a counseling job and realizing that I may have to leave the Dallas area to make it happen, especially now with all of the education cut backs. As hard as it would be to leave Dallas - a change might do me good.

I've been painting a little - here are a couple of things I've done this year. I think I'm going to do pottery next. I found a studio here in Dallas and I may sign up for a summer class at a local college. I'll try to not take 4 months to post again.

 Later.

1 comment:

HuNnY aNd PoPpA LeWiS said...

Love the paintings especially the bird. Glad you are doing better. Just got your Christmas card this week-silly post office! Take care & tell your parents hello.