Friday, April 15, 2011

One of those days. . . .


Yesterday was one of those days. 

I had a meeting south of Tyler in the afternoon.  I left school early so I could get there in time.  I made a quick stop in Tyler on the way and that's when my car battery died!  I was able to find a kind stranger who was willing to give me a jump start but there was trouble opening the hood. Something was wrong with the latch. (A couple of months ago, my hood came open while I was driving on the highway - maybe  I should get it checked) It took about 25 minutes to get it opened along with the use of a  creative makeshift tool. I finally got back on the road with no time to spare.

When I arrived in Jacksonville, I couldn't find the street I needed.  Thanks to BFF Amy for pulling it up online and directing me to my destination.  Turns out the street I was looking for doesn't actually intersect with the main road like it does on the map. I pulled onto the parking lot 7 minutes before the meeting.  I was glad to have made it but at this point I was just hoping my car would start again when I headed home.

After the meeting I got back in the Jeep, said a little prayer and it started.  I headed to Sears in Tyler for a new battery. While at Sears I had my tires rotated since I got them at Sears in November and it was free.  I had noticed a slow leak in one tire over the past week so I asked them to check it.
Within an hour I had a new battery and a screw in my tire. The screw was of course the cause of the leak.  Unfortunately the tire couldn't be patched and even though the tires are under warranty, it was out of stock.  So I still have a screw in my tire. 

I've also been hearing a rattle under the hood for a couple of months.  The Sears guy heard it too and said I should get it checked out which I was planning to do anyway.  I hate putting my car in the shop because I either have to rent a car or be stranded at home while it's there.

Upon hearing my sad story, The Rents have decided to switch cars with me today. This way Dad can oversee all car repairs: The rattle, the tire, and the hood latch.

The Rents Rock - I really do have the best parents.  I could never thank them enough for all they do for me.  I promise to be careful with Mom's new car while I have it.  Oh how I'm glad she no longer has "The Mother Ship" (her old Lincoln Town Car) I don't think I would fit in my parking space.

Needless to say, I got home much later and far more frazzled than anticipated last night. All is well that ends well:)

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28


In the midst of all the craziness yesterday I was and still am thankful for my wonderful parents, great friends and a new day in front of me.  I am so blessed.

 Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:18

I've felt for a while like I've been kind of stuck - so to speak. I've come to a place in my life life where I'm ready to step out on faith - step out of my comfort zone.  Do something different. I feel some changes coming on.  I don't know what the future holds for me - but I know I'm never alone.


Have a good weekend. If you are local please join us at Lakeside Baptist Sunday evening for our Easter Musical. 

Random side note:  If April 29th wasn't a State testing day, I would totally skip work to stay home and watch the Royal Wedding and all if it's fanfare.  I'll have to DVR it!  This was funny - check it out.

1 comment:

Enjoying Life Together said...

Welcome back to blog land! :)

Maybe you should go to Africa with Heather's mission team this summer.