Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Red Alert!




I love being a redhead. There is something special about being a redhead. You get called on more in school. You are basically allergic to the sun. As a child, people always pay attention to you. If there happens to be another redhead with you, people often assume you are related. They say we make up less than 3% of the Human race. Some people think you are more likely to be famous, it hasn't worked for me but here are some of my favorite redheads:

Orphan Annie
Pippi Longstocking
Laura Ingalls Wilder
Anne of Green Gables
Wilma Flinstone and Pebbles too
Daphne - Scooby doo
Strawberry Shortcake
Lucille Ball
Maureen O Hara
Molly Ringwald
Ron Howard
Reba McEntire
Carol Burnett
Fergie - The Duchess of York
Annie Potts

And of course my all time favorite redheads are Rick Erwin, Pat Erwin Duke, Mike A. Erwin, Jean Erwin and both my late grandfathers, Mike Erwin and Red McGee. Also Dana Hornkohl, although not related, I have lost track of the number of times I have been asked, "Is that your brother?" No - all redheads are not related.

If you count up all the Erwins and McGees of my generation, there are 12 of us, and I am holding strong as the only redhead.

Who are your favorite redheads?

My Aunt Beth has given me a redheaded angel figurine for Christmas the past few years. Here are a few of my favorites. Thanks Aunt Beth for thinking of me. (See what I mean, people think you are special. She doesn't give the other nieces blonde or brunette angels - just me - I'm special.)


1 comment:

Bud (Rick Erwin) said...

Hay Red! Opps. Never liked that one did you? What is this about me being a redhead? My hair is white or brown or whatever but there is NO red in this one! Love ya, Rents#1