Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Savannah Smiles!



So far Savannah has been a blast!  As always, road trips with my BFFs Christa and Amy are great.  We've made it a little more than half way through the new Mary Kay Andrews book.  She one of our favorite authors, always setting her stories in the Low Country. 


We arrived Sunday evening and met up with my good friend Dana.  I met Dana in 2004 when I spent my first summer in Savannah.  He lived in Chatham Square where I had rented an apartment for the summer.  I was helpful with directions, restaurant suggestions, local insight and so much more.  He lives in North Carolina now, but Savannah is his hometown, so he decided to visit family and hang out with us a bit. 



Monday we toured the Davenport House.  I always love seen it before, but it's been years.  It's always fun to see some of the old houses in this beautiful city.  Afterwards we met Dana for lunch at SoHo South Cafe - one of our all time favorites.  We also visited the SCAD shop and E.Shaver Booksellers.







After dinner at Mellow Mushroom, we settled in at Starbucks for a card game!  Good times.





 Yesterday we headed to the beach at Tybee Island!






We cleaned up for dinner and ate at The Lady and Sons.  It was delicious as always.  Our evening tour was rained out, so we picked up some treats at Krispy Kreme and headed to bed early.  I think we'll go shopping on Broughton street today and maybe treat ourselves to pedicures.




No comments: