Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A New Chapter!




I wanted to share the news for those who may not know.  I have accepted a new job in Brownsboro ISD for next school year.  I will be the counselor at Brownsboro Elementary.  The campus has never had an Assistant Principal or a Counselor and now they'll have both - so it will be a new chapter for the whole school in many ways. I'll still be able to live in Tyler. Brownsboro is about 13 miles closer to my house than Jacksonville, so I'll save on time and gas a little. 

 
It's been a crazy year for me in a lot of ways.  I'm very glad to have finished graduate school and my principal certification.  Thank you all for your prayers last Friday as I took my exam. They were heard!  In light of everything that has happened this past year, I think the change will do me good. 

Today is my last day of work in Jacksonville.  I have to say I'm a little sad, even though I know I've made the best choice for my future. I came to Jacksonville as a first time counselor 2 years ago.  It has been a great experience for me both personally and professionally.  I leave with a world of knowledge and a diary of experiences I know I wouldn't have had elsewhere.  I've made some wonderful friends and I'll miss seeing them everyday.  The events of the last couple of years have been life changing.  I know beyond any doubt that Jacksonville is where God placed me for that season of my life. But now He's opened another door and it's time to move on. I'm excited to what God will do as I start this new chapter. 

I'm headed to Nederland this afternoon for a little family time.  This summer I'll be all over the place, visiting, relaxing and vacationing.  Perhaps now I'll have time to blog a little more about my summer adventures. Please follow along!

Go Bears Go! 







No comments: