Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Church



I am a member at Lakeside Baptist Church in Dallas. I've been attending there for about a year and I joined sometime last Fall.


Before Lakeside, I was a member at the First Baptist Church of Dallas for over 8 years. I enjoyed my time there, but felt it was time to find somewhere closer to home. I know FBC Dallas isn't that far, seeing as I live in Dallas, but it is located in the heart of downtown. I found myself being a Sunday morning member. It was really hard to make it downtown on weeknights, especially while finishing Grad School. Now that I'm at Lakeside, which is literally across the street from my home, I find myself going back to church on Sunday night and Wednesday night. It's enabled me to really feel like it's my church home and I've been able to develop friendships.


I joined the Choir a few weeks ago and I'm enjoying being part of the worship services. We will be presenting the musical Lift up Your Eyes on May 31st. Everyone is welcomed to attend.
P.S. Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I guess I've just been a little lazy.



1 comment:

Rick and Lynn Erwin said...

Loved your Friday Favors.....Look forward to more. love, Rose