Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday Favorites!

I've decide that in order to help me post on a more regular basis, I'll start a weekly series. I call it Friday Favorites! I'll post about some things that I really like. This will include products, fashion, food, entertainment etc. I'd love to have your comments on my faves or feel free to share some of your faves.

My Favorite movies . . . . I have a few. Its way to hard to narrow it down to one.





Favorite Classic Film: Gone with the Wind:

I love this 1939 film for many reasons. The musical score is great and the costumes are beautiful but I guess most of all I love the story. Scarlet O'Hara Hamilton Kennedy Butler is the main character. She is far too complicated a woman to begin to describe. If you haven't read the book or seen he movie, you need to. The movie is a little different from the book.

A couple of Summers ago I visited the Margret Michell (author of the book) House in Atlanta, Georgia. Also a fun outing if you are traveling through the Atlanta area.







Favorite all time movie: Steel Magnolias

I love this 1989 movie based the screen play by Robert Harling. It's about his real life sister, Susan, who died an early death due to complications from diabetes. It's also about the women who supported her and their mother during that time. This is a Southern Belle "Must See" movie. It will make you laugh and cry.

Favorite Quote:
"My colors are Blush and Bashful, Momma." - Shelby

No comments: