Friday, September 13, 2013

Show Us Your Life!

So I’m linking up with Kelly’s Korner today for her SUYL series.  Today she is featuring Single, 30-something bloggers! 

I’m always excited about an opportunity to connect with other 30-something singletons out there.  I’ll be honest and say that I’m not the best blogger.  I often go over a month without updating , but I try. 
Here’s a little about me and my blog:
Hello, I’m Betsy!  Nice to meet you.  I’m 37, Single, never married, no children and I have a blog.  See, I officially qualify for this week’s SUYL link up!
I love the Lord Jesus with all my heart and try daily to live for Him.  I’m human, so I mess up, a lot.  But, I am forgiven.  He has blessed my life far beyond what I deserve.  I have an amazing Christian family that loves and supports me.  Like Kelly, from Kelly’s Korner, I’m an Arkansas Preacher’s Kid.  I was actually born in Louisiana but spend my childhood in Arkansas.  We moved to Texas as I started Jr. High, so I consider myself a Texas girl now! 

I graduated from Baylor University in 1999 with a degree in Communication – Sic’em Bears! 
I lived in Dallas for 12 years and taught high school speech in the burbs.  During the Dallas years I also earned a Masters Degree in Counseling.  I moved to Tyler Texas in 2011 to take school counseling job.  It’s been a great experience and I love my job.  I’ve also recently earned my principal’s certification and I think I’m done with graduate school – forever!  Yay!
I love all things vintage, so I’m quite at home rummaging through a flea market or antique shop.  I like to find old things and re purpose them to fit my life now.  I also enjoy all types of crafts.  Michael’s and Hobby Lobby are dear to my heart. 
 Party Wine Glass DIY Project
 
Dollhouse re-purposed storage shelf
One of my favorite past times is cooking and entertaining.  It’s so fun to make dinner and have friends over for board games or cards.  I really should do it more often.
Travel is truly a passion.  I adore Southern Coastal cities like Savannah Georgia, Charleston South Carolina and New Orleans Louisiana.  I’ve also been to New Mexico and Colorado several times.  New York City is great in the Spring and Summer, but I’ve always wanted to visit in the Fall. . . maybe someday.  I’ve been lots of fun places in the US, but hope to get a stamp on my passport someday soon. 
Pagosa Springs CO
 
Savannah GA

I have a fabulous group of friends both in Dallas and in Tyler.  I know for sure that the Lord himself placed this awesome people in my life and I’m forever grateful.

Friends!
I grew up Southern Baptist but have been attending a Bible Church in Tyler.  I’m active in a Life Group and enjoy church activities. 
I’m so glad you stopped by to read my little blog.  Who knows, God may use Kelly’s Korner and my little blog to connect me to a wonderful new friend!  Hey, I’m game.  Feel free to comment here or email me (baylorbetsy76@gmail.com).  I’m looking forward to searching through the link up listings and meeting some of you. 

God bless and have a great weekend. 

1 comment:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Did you make those glitter wine glasses? How cute!!

Just stopping by to say hello as we both linked up to Kelly's blog today. Have a fantastic weekend!

KK