Sunday, September 15, 2013

Kindred Spirits!


 
12 years ago today I was on a Singles retreat in Oklahoma at Falls Creek with FBC Dallas.  I knew a few people on the trip, but I didn’t really know anyone that well seeing as I was kind of new to Dallas and the church.  That weekend changed my life forever.  I got to know some pretty amazing people who are still my best friends to this day.  So every year on or around September 15th, we celebrate.  We call it Founder’s Day, they date we all found each other.  I went to Dallas yesterday to meet up with the gang!  We ate at Blue Mesa and hung out for a while after.  It's always good to be back in Dallas and even better to be with these friends. 
I think it's pretty special that we take time every year to acknowledge our friendship and what we mean to each other. 
We coined our little group The Fly Girls, mainly because a dragon fly was the only semi-cool design Steffi’s old school monogram machine would do.  Through the years, some guys have joined the group. 
 
 
We’ve been through a lot and done a lot together over the years:  Church retreats, singles groups,  love, marriage, divorce, loss, children, breakups, crafting, painting. . . lots of painting, decorating, scrapbooking, moving, new jobs, graduate school, crazy dogs, momma drama, serious illness, online dating, blind dates, fix ups, weddings, bridesmaid dresses, bad haircuts and weird colors, showers, shopping, road trips, Halloween parties and oh so much more. 



I know for sure I couldn’t have made it through the past decade if it were not for these incredible friends! Happy Founders Day Y’all! I love Christa, Cheryl, Amy, Steffi, Tad and Nick!  You Rock. 



No comments: