Monday, September 30, 2013

Fall Fun!

I'm so glad it's starting to cool down a little bit.  I know it's still hot, but it's way better then it was in August! 

I missed school today to make my final post-op appointment with my sinus surgeon.  I'm glad to be done with all of that.  I don't have to see him again unless I have trouble, which I don't anticipate. 


I finished in time to stop by Beau's school and take him lunch.  He was surprised to see me!  I always love an opportunity to see him when I can. 

After all the Dallas fun I headed home to prepare for my annual Fall Dinner Party.  I think it went well.

On the menu:
Baked Onion/Parmesan Dip with crackers
Chicken and sausage gumbo with rice, Dad's recipe
Buttermilk pie, Mom's recipe and Gingerbread/Pumpkin trifle




We had a great time just hanging out and catching up with each other.  We also made time for some games!  Balderdash was great fun! 





 The group picture is always a little tricky!

School is going great, just really busy. I'm hoping to make it to Dallas some Saturday soon to watch Beau play soccer.  There may be a Fall trip in the making too, seeing as I have the whole we off for Thanksgiving this year! 

Happy Fall Y'all.

1 comment:

Cristi Atchley said...

That trifle looks amazing! You may have to share your recipe!