Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A New Chapter

It's after midnight and I should be asleep.  I just wanted to take a moment and reflect on my life here in Dallas.  A few minutes ago I stood in my darkened apartment remembering all the good times I've had here at the Emerald Isle.  If I've never mentioned it, that's the name of my apartment complex.  I thought about all the birthday parties, dinners with friends and fly girl celebrations that have taken place in my quirky little home.  I'll miss the weathered hardwood floors and the vintage cabinets in the kitchen. I'll miss my sweet neighbors and the fabulous Lakewood neighborhood.  I won't miss the laundry room or the crazy "cool water" air system.  That got me thinking about a lot of things I'll miss about Dallas.


I'll miss the skyline.  I love driving South on 75 at night headed straight for downtown. The lights are exciting and I'll miss that about city life. 

 I'll miss Whiterock Lake.  I've lived near the lake with access to the walking trails for over 9 years now.  It's a really pretty area of the city.  The surrounding neighborhood is kind of fun and quirky, like me:)


 You cannot deny that Dallas has great shopping.  Here's a picture of one of my favorite spots, Northpark.

I'll miss my church, Lakeside Baptist. 

 

And most of all these people. . . . .


 
Christa and Amy
. . .  the best travel buddies ever!

 Nick



The Gang



And of course, My sister, Tad and Beau (look how little B is here)

We all went out together this last weekend.  I'll post pics of that later.

Lastly, but certainly not least, I'll miss my Zoe. 


A little news while on the subject of Zoe.  As I mentioned on the blog before, she will not be moving to Tyler with me.  She has already been at the Rent's for a few weeks.  Mom mentioned to me that she was acting a little strange.  After discussing her symptoms we decided she should go to the vet.  She is a diabetic.  Her blood sugar was over 500.  She is staying with the vet while the Rents are here in Dallas helping me move.  She will have to have shots daily.  I called yesterday to check on her and her sugar was down to 60, so that is good news.  I hate that she has been sick and I haven't been there.  I also hate that the Rents agreed to take her before they new she was going to be so high maintenance. They haven't complained, but I still feel bad about it.  I can't wait to get to Nederland and see her.

I really need to get to bed, tomorrow will be hard.  I guess I'm closing this chapter of my life, but starting a new one.  I probably won't blog again until closer to the weekend.  I'll be sending cards or emails with my new contact information.  If you would like to be on the email list, just shoot me an email and I'll be sure to include you. betsy76@sbcglobal.net


Quote for the day . . . .

"I mean . . . It's the end of an era!"
Joey Tribbioni - Friends.

1 comment:

Christa said...

Betsy!!! I already miss you! I can't wait to come out to Tyler and see the new digs! The whole post made me think of what all we did there at your cute apartment. You didn't mention your ficus tree you decorate for every season. I love that tree! Looking forward to a new era! Talk to you later. Let's go somewhere next summer. I vote for Savannah.