Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Graduate!






I actually finished grad school back in February in the winter mini-semester, but Amberton University only holds two graduation ceremonies a year, so I graduated this past weekend.


I started grad school in January on 2007 at Amberton University. It is a small, private Christian University located here in the Metroplex. It was once and extension of Abilene Christian University. Even though there were times when the schedule of working and grad school was hard, I did enjoy my time at Amberton. I owe a big thanks to all my friends and family who encouraged me to stick with it. I received a Master of Arts in School Counseling and have earned School Counselor Certification.


My parents were in town for the weekend to help celebrate. We had a great time. They gave me a new camera for graduation. Thanks Mom and Dad.


Here are some pics from the weekend. Steffi thinks she may have some pictures of me walking across the stage on her camera, if she does, I'll post them tomorrow.




5 comments:

Amy Jane said...

YAY for you!!! We'll celebrate in Savannah....

Rick and Lynn Erwin said...

We are so proud of you. We enjoyed the weekend with you. Love you much. Bud and Rose

Jaime Hughes-McDonald said...

Betsy, I am so excited for you! Congrats on your Master Degree!! You aim high and you have earned that goal! I am so proud of you! I love all your pictures! Your sister and you are as beautiful as ever! Your parents are unchanged!! God truely has blessed you! Love ya always, Jaime

Enjoying Life Together said...

Oh my goodness! You and Steffi look just like you did 15 years ago!! Congratulations on your graduation.

Enjoy your summer vacation plans. Sounds like fun!

~Sabrina (Hanks) Freeland

HuNnY aNd PoPpA LeWiS said...

Congratulations, I am so proud of you!! The pictures are great; you are so beautiful and (so is your sister). And your parents look wonderful. Love all of you!