Thursday, March 5, 2009

I'm Back!

Christa and Me at Marcia's Beauty Box!


Marcia and Christa

Scott and Nick



Cheryl, Christa, Me and Amy


All of us at Babes.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been really busy.


Last week I am happy to say that I finished graduate school. I now officially hold a Master of Arts in School Counseling. I am really glad to be done. This past weekend I celebrated with friends. The university graduation will be held in May.


Saturday morning, Christa and I headed over to Marcia's Beauty Box in downtown Garland for a little cut and color. Marcia is great. Her little shop reminds me of something out of Steel Magnolias. Afterwards we met up with the whole gang at Babes, also in Garland. We stuffed ourselves on Fried Chicken and all the fixings. It was good.


On Sunday I started a new Bible study during the Sunday School hour. It's another Precepts study, by Kay Arthur and like the last one will be taught by the lovely and talented Roseann B. The Precepts study requires more discipline than I ever seem to have on my own, but I know I'm not alone in all of this and look forward to learning whatever God has to teach me.


I started Weight Watcher on Monday night. As some of you know I have had some success with weight loss in the past couple of years, but I need to do more than maintain. I really need to lose a little more. I hope the weekly meetings and accountability will do the trick.

2 comments:

HuNnY aNd PoPpA LeWiS said...

CONGRATULATIONS on finishing grad school!! What an awesome accomplishment.

You are so beautiful and I am enjoying keeping up with you through your blog. Love ya lots!!

Shawn said...

Congrats, Betsy!!