Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Charged up!




I think it is always good to re-purpose things in the new year. I've always collected Milk Glass, as you saw in my last post. I usually display it in my kitchen or dining room. It's pretty and interesting to look at, but it really serves not purpose. This year I've decided to put some of it to use.

Use #1 - bathroom - cotton balls and Q-tips

Use #2 - Dining room - key holder and charging station for cell.

We'll see what else I come up with in the days to come.

Who wants a big bulky charging station anyway. I think the Milk Glass turned out much more pleasing to the eye if I do say so myself.


My challenge to all of you, re-purpose or recycle something unused around your home. My goal for this year is to get rid of unused items and only keep the things I really need. SIMPLIFY!



2 comments:

Paige said...

Okay, Betsy ... now you sound like Mama Thelma with your SIMPLIFY sermon! LOL!

I use my special vintage things ALOT. I keep my teacups out, either displayed on shelves or to use in the kitchen. I love using my special things.

I don't say this often because I really don't want my kiddos all grown up and gone. (I really love being a Momma!) BUT, I'm looking forward to my house being MY HOUSE again. One day I will not have to deal with toy clutter. I'm quite certain I'll miss it, but I also think I will truly, truly, truly enjoy being able to decorate once again.

Love ya, Betsy! You are definitely my kind of gal! :)

Steffi Kirkendoll said...

Super cute! It's all coming together. Where's the fab new mirror?