Monday, February 4, 2013

Savannah Smiles!

I'll be heading back to Savannah this summer with Amy and Christa.  I know I've been there a million times, but I could go a million more and never get tired of it.  I love the low country.  Savannah and Charleston are my all time favorite vacation destinations. 

I'm sure we'll visit Tybee Island and Charleston while we're in the area.  Here are some of my favorite Savannah hot spots. 

Beautiful Squares
 
Savannah Bee
 
The Lady and Sons
 
The Paris Market
 
Back in the Day Bakery
 
Tybee Island
 
I'll also be heading to Pagosa Springs, Colorado with my family in July.  We vacationed in Colorado several times when I was a child.  It's been quite a while since I've been and I'm looking forward to it. I defiantly want to spend some time hiking and exploring the near  by national parks.  I'm sure Beau will want to fish and ride the Silverton/Durango train.   Pagosa Springs is also home to an interesting museum I hope to visit, The International Museum of Collage, Assemblage and Construction.  I know it sounds kind of random, but I love collage art.  I think it's a must.  Here's a link.

This is where we'll stay.

 Silverton/Durango Train

Museums


I also hope to return to Crystal Beach and Galveston in August on our second annual leadership retreat for work. It was lots of fun last year.  A beach trip is always fun. . . and we get some work done too. 



I got a new luggage set for Christmas.  It looks like I'll get to put it to use. 

With the Savannah trip on the brain, I've started reading a new book that takes place in the low country.  Mary Kay Andrews is one of my favorite writers.  Her fiction books often take place in Savannah and the surrounding islands.  I started Hissy Fit.  So far it's great.  I stayed up way to late last night reading.  I've read several of her other books and loved them all.  Her characters are always sassy, southern women and I always enjoy the low country references.  Mary Kay has a vacation rental on Tybee Island where she's written a couple of her best sellers.  I'm sure it's a great place for inspiration.  Her Tybee home is also available for rent. She co-owns a shop on the Island called Seaside Sisters.  We stopped in last summer and I'm sure we'll return.  Maybe we'll luck out and she'll be there this time. I'd love to get one of my books signed.





No comments: