Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Haunted Hat

I was supposed to go to Dallas this weekend for my friend Tom's annual Halloween Party.  Every year Tom throws a great shindig.  It always starts with a creative theme and hand made invitations. This years theme was "The  Haunted Hat."  I purchased this fabulous little black number that reminds me of the Duchess of Cambridge, aka Kate Middleton.  I've been super pumped about wearing it. 

However, this past Wednesday evening, I came down with my annual Fall sinus infection - Ugh.  I missed school on Thursday and saw the ENT in hopes of nipping it early.  I did make it to school Friday for the Red Ribbon Week Storybook Character Parade - but struggled to make it through the day.  By the time I got home Friday afternoon I had a bad sinus headache.  I knew the trip to Dallas was out of the question.  I stayed in all day yesterday and I'm feeling better today.  Now I have this seriously posh hat and nowhere to wear it - bummer. 





I also had this creepy spider clip that I was going to wear to school on Thursday (the day I missed) because it was "Say Boo to Drugs" day and everyone could wear their Halloween shirts.  I may wear  my spider tomorrow anyway. 

Here is a blast from Halloween past just for fun.  The photo wasn't dated but I think it's from 1979 or 1980. 

Steffi/Bat Girl - Me/Witch

No comments: