Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thank You

Thanks to everyone who participated in the special prayer time for dad last night. Steffi and I were able to go in and pray with him just before 6pm. We are working with Drs from a new department today. He had another 3 hours of dialysis today and I think they are planing for more tomorrow if his numbers don't improve. I've been told that the hospital patient advocate is planning a family meeting with all of us and the main ICU Dr. I hope that will happen sometime today. Please continue to pray for rest. He has had about 3 hours of sleep total in the last 2 1/2 days. They cannot give him anything to help due to blood pressure. I needs sleep. I know it would help his body heal. That is our main prayer focus today.

Again, Thanks to all of you who prayed last night and are still praying. We received messages from churches in Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Alabama and Texas that were praying for him. Mom and Steffi and I really felt all of your prayers. While Steffi and prayer over him he was calm (which he had not been all day). Thanks again, we love all of you. We will stay in touch.

After today my mom will turn the power off on my dad's cell phone, it's just too hard to keep up with two phone and keep them both charged. Tonja will have updates at the church office 409 722 8097. Steffi and I will be updating facebook and blogs.

6 comments:

Joyce Wallace said...

Thanks so much for the up-dates. Praying for all of u.

Enjoying Life Together said...

Thanks for the updates! Praying for your family.

~Sabrina

Bob Williford said...

Just Heard yesterday about Rick....only knew him briefly at LC....no matter..am praying for his healing....Jesus is Lord..Bob Williford....Ark. Bapt. State Convention Missionary.....

Shawn said...

We were praying in Tennessee also!
~Heather

HuNnY aNd PoPpA LeWiS said...

So appreciate your keeping us updated. Prayers, prayers, and more prayers. Our love to all of you!! Please give your sweet mom a hug for me!!

rlbcab4 said...

Knew Bro. Rick from First Baptist Church, Dumas, AR. He will always hold a special place in my heart, not only because he was my pastor but also because he performed my wedding ceremony with my first husband. Please let him know that my whole family and church families have him lifted up in prayer. Connie (Hubbard/Howard) Brannin, Elm Grove, LA