Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Special Prayer Time for my dad.

My dad has been in part time ministry since 1965 and a full time pastor since 1969. I know over the years he and mom, and Steffi and me too have been so blessed with Christian families through out churchs We really do consider all of the people in these churches family.

I will not lie, things do not look good here. Last night at the hotel I was restless and sat up praying most of the night. I read thought the scripture in James chapter 5 verse 14-16. It says that if anyone is sick to call together the elders of the church and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And a prayer offered in faith will make a sick person well.

We know that the elders of the church cannot gather in the ICU but we are asking that all of our Christan family and the Elders of all of these churches where my dad has served will gather and pray between 5:30 pm and 6 pm will we as a family anoint him with oil and ask in faith that he will be healed.

I know alot of churches have their services after 6 but we will have to leave the ICU at 6 pm and so that is why I am asking you to pray at 5:30 so that we can be with him at that time. Of course if you pray when your church meets thats great too. I hope the Procter Family will start praying at 5:30.


Though the years you all have allowed my dad to be part of your lives in a special way. As your pastor he has been there in the good times and the bad. We ask you to join us in this special time of prayer weather you are with your church family or at home alone. We we all be gathered in the name of Jesus and He will be present!

If you are reading this and are a member of a church with a prayer list and a wed. night prayer meeting and they would be willing to call his name "Rick Erwin" up to the lord in their service tonight we would appreciate it. If you have a group of friends, coworkers or neighbors that will gather at 5:30 that would be great. Please contact Tonya at the church office and let her know that your church or small group will be praying We want to keep a list of all the people who will be involved in this special prayer time. Her # 409 722 8097 or email her ont he church website www.procterbaptisthome.org

With the help of Tonya Hurt I will be contacting these churches today. Churches Dad pastored or was on music staff in seminary

Latania Baptist Church, Latania La
Eastside Baptist, Ranger Tx
FBC Dawson Tx
FBC Basile La
FBC Olney Tx
FBC Dumas Ark
Southside Baptist , Pine Bluff Ark
Procter Baptist, Port Arthur Tx

I will also be contacting other churches in SouthEast TX seeing how my parents have been a part of that community for over 20 years.

FBC Nederland - Adam Pardue Procter Family
FBC Hemphil - Aaron Pardue Procter Family
FBC Port Arthur
Memorial Baptist Port Arthur
Harvest Time - across the street from Procter
Mt. Sinai, Port Arthur
Triumph Church - Nederland
Triangle Baptist
Church on the Rock
Fellowship Baptist - Nederland

If you are a member of any of these churches or know someone who is, please call the church office and let them know about the special prayer time and at least ask them to pray in the wed. night prayer meeting.

Other churches I will contact.
FBC Alpine - mission church
FBC Dallas - I have many friends there
Lakeside Baptist Dallas - My church
FBC Woodvile tx, my moms home church - already spoke with Raymond Parker this morning.
Wilsure Baptist - Dallas - Gannon Sims Baylor/Procter Family on Staff
Denman Ave Baptist - Lufkin, Aunt Mon's Church
Aunt Pat is calling her church in Denham Springs LA
Uncle Mike is calling his Church in Baton Rouge LA
FBC Nome Tx, I was on staff there in college
Cornerstone - Rowlet tx, Friends
Mimosa Lane Baptist - Steffi and Tad's Church

I know that Amy Sadler will call her parents who will share this with their church too.

Ok if you are counting I think we are up to 30 churches that will be praying for Dad tonight. I know that many of you will add churches to this list.

Again I ask that if you can please pray specifically for these things at 5:30pm today.
Pray that his kidneys will start to function.
Pray for the swelling in the abdomen that they don't think is related to the kidney's??
Pray for the pneumonia to gone.
Pray of his mental health and his mood.
Pray for my mom and our family.
Pray for these Doctors, Pisters, Grossman, Sahay(said Say-Hi), Salahudeen, Haong.
Pray for my grandmother Mama Thelma (she's been at home waiting on news)
Pray for Tad and Beau while Steffi is away - that baby is really attached to mama.

If I think of anything else to add to this I'll update later in the day. I'll also update facebook.
If you are in Southeast Texas please make plans to attend the service at Procter tonight.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Betsy- I know we've never met, but I've heard lots about you through Amy Sadler. Put Prestonwood Baptist Church down on your list. My husband and I lead a Bible fellowship class on Wednesday nights and we'll make sure to add him to our prayers.

Jeremy Bradshaw said...

I'm the pastor at Memorial Baptist in Port Arthur. I've been praying for your dad throughout the day and we'll certainly be praying for him (and all your family) tonight.

Amy Jane said...

Columbus Avenue BC in Waco has him on the prayer list too - my aunt just told my mom.