Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A few things. . .

A few things I need to say.

First - We serve a mighty God! I give all the praise and glory for today to Jesus Christ. I am so glad that He will continue to use my dad for His work. I am also so grateful that He gifted some amazing doctors and nurses who have chosen to use their talents for His glory.

Second - I have to give a SHOUT OUT to the people here at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. They have got their act together. The doctors are brilliant and caring. The Nurses Rock! Even the parking attendants are kind and ridiculously helpful. All of these people made a very hard day much better.

Third - Update on Dad. He is doing well. They got all the cancer. It was small and contained. It doesn't look like it had spread. They are testing the cells in the area to be sure. He is in an overnight recovery area where my mom could stay with him tonight. He stood up for a short spell. He is doing pretty well at keeping down clear liquids. They think he will move to a regular room tomorrow. Things are looking great. Thank you all for your prayers and kind words.

Fourth - Thanks to all of you who took the time to say a prayer on our behalf today. I believe in the power of prayer and I really appreciate you praying for us. Also thanks to Aunt Beth, Uncle Jerry and Phil Croft who came to sit with us during the LONG surgery. Mom and I really appreciate it.

Fifth - 10 years ago on May 27th Daddy Red went home to be with the Lord. I was so blessed to have such a wonderful and caring grandfather. I miss him all the time. I have so many great memories of him. I often think about how he would take us grand kids out to the Airport Road to get sand for the sandbox. I have great memories of swimming in Red and Thelma's backyard. I loved sitting on the front lawn of the Methodist Church with him, watching the Dogwood parade pass by. Most of all I loved to hear him read the Christmas story form the Bible on Christmas Eve. His life was such a wonderful Christian example for me and all of his family. I'm still in Houston and on my laptop, so I don't have any pictures of him that I can post - but I wish I did. I hope all of you have a "Daddy Red" in your life.

I head back to Dallas Tomorrow - Just a few more days and school is out!

1 comment:

HuNnY aNd PoPpA LeWiS said...

Have a safe trip home and hope the last few days of this school year go smooth and quickly. Give your mom & dad a big hug from us.

Sara