Friday, March 26, 2010

Waxahachie!


The Beautiful Courthouse in Waxahachie


I should have posted about weeks ago, but I guess I just never got around to it. Before spring break, Amy and I spent a Saturday in Waxahachie. I've driven through there a number of times seeing as it sits between Dallas and Waco, but I've never ventured into town.

A Blog Buddy, Caroline (You'll find her on my blog list) is from Waxahachie and I often read about some of the neat stuff she's up to in the downtown area, so it was nice to check it out for myself. It was also a great way to celebrate Amy's B-Day a little early.

First, we stopped at Catfish Plantation. It was a fried food fest. The fried pickles we great and I normally don't like pickles. The spicy catfish was awesome. The restaurant is in an old Victorian home that is supposed to be haunted. There website has some interesting information about past sightings and scheduled ghost hunts. http://www.catfishplantation.com/



Next we headed to the downtown square to checkout the cute shops. We found one place that had tons of Fiesta ware which Amy and I both collect. They had all kind of unique pieces that you don't see every day. My big purchase of the day was a Fiesta turquoise mug for $4. 00 to replace the one I had dropped the week before.

Shops downtown


Fiesta

Next we headed back to Dallas and hung out at Amy's for a while before deciding that cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory would be a well rounded dinner:) Technically we were celebrating Amy's B-day so cheesecake for a meal seemed acceptable.

Over all it was a great day and I hope to return to Waxahachie soon.

1 comment:

Dana said...

What a great picture of the courthouse.