Monday, March 15, 2010

Books and Boots!

I wanted to share a couple of books I've been reading. First, I've been reading this Nora Roberts book. It's actually a collects of the stories, Partners and The Art of Deception.




Next I'm starting Beth Moore Bible Study called Breaking Free. I've done many of her Bible studies in the past and she has such a gift for for sharing God's word with practical application. This study is not new by any means and I don't really know how I've never done it in all of these years being part of Women's Bible study groups, but I'm excited about starting it now. I'm not doing it with any particular group, I do have a couple of friend who are going through the workbook at this time, so I guess we'll be doing it along together.



Now on to the subject of Boots. When my parents were in Dallas a month ago, during the major snow event. My mother made note that I should get some rain or snow boots, because they would be good for walking Zoe when it was wet or snowy. In all honesty, it is rarely snowy in Dallas, but rain boots did seam like a practical purchase I have just somehow failed to make.



So, I purchased these, they are called gardening Sloggers. I got them from QVC. They came is some great colors and patterns.

Saturday night Dad and I headed down to the Nederland Herritage Festival. It is your typical small town fair. When you go to the Great State Fair of Texas every year, your hometown festival just doesn't have the same appeal. None the less, it is a spring break tradition, so Dad and I went down to people watch and purchase a funnel cake, but the line was too long. We just walked around and looked at all the booths. I saw these Rubber Boots that would be perfect for the all out Cow Girl.

After our attempt for a funnel cake bombed we hit the DQ before going home. For tradition sake, I can say I attend Heritage Festival 2010!

Steffi and Tad are taking a little day trip for the 5th anniversary and I'm babysitting while the Rents are at work. I'll probably head back to Dallas on Wed. or Thrs.
Later Y'all.

2 comments:

Enjoying Life Together said...

At least it wasn't raining for the NHF. That's whay I remember...it always rained when I wanted to go.

HuNnY aNd PoPpA LeWiS said...

I love all things Beth Moore. My daughter & I are attending the simulcast in April for her new book "So Long Insecurities".

Those rain boots are soooooo cute! I just might have to invest in a pair soon!