Friday, October 25, 2013

Sic'em Bears!

 Will you not, as a loyal student of dear old Baylor, lay aside for a few days the usual cares of life, come back to your alma mater, renew former associations and friendships, and catch that Baylor spirit again?”
Samuel Palmer Brooks, Baylor University President 1902-1931
 
As I mentioned last week, I was able to attend the Baylor Homecoming game this weekend thanks to my friend Amy and her generous parents. They have season tickets to the Baylor games and were unable to attend, so that shared their tickets with us! It was great game as Baylor won 71-7!
I met up with Amy in Dallas Friday evening for a little pre-homecoming dinner and shopping. On my way to her place I was driving through my old neighborhood thinking, “I miss Dallas so much I can hardly stand it. I’m definitely moving back here.” Just as the names of local school districts were scrolling through my head, this happened. . . . Total shut down. . . TRAFFIC. . .Ugh!
And just like that, I thought. . . “Never mind, I’m totally over it.” I guess I really am an East Texas girl now!

                                                                Fun Shops at North Park!

Saturday we hit the road to Waco getting there early enough to stop by the bookstore for some Baylor gear and walk around campus for bit to admire it’s beauty. Baylor is a lovely campus and it always looks good in the Fall with the gold mums! 
 
 

The game was great fun. Our seats were just under the press box on the 50 yard line – Great seats! Of course, it’s always fun when your team is winning and Baylor did not disappoint! And to top it off, it was absolutely perfect football weather.

We drove back to Dallas after the game, but not before stopping at the Czech Stop and Little Czech Bakery for some Kolaches! They had pumpkin kolaches – Y’all know how I love pumpkin! 

We slept in a little bit Sunday morning to recover from the late night. Before I left Dallas we had brunch at Buzz Brews and quirky little joint in Deep Ellum. We shared the Amigos Eggs with chorizo and an order of Crepes with strawberry and Nutella – Devine! 
I stopped off in Forney on my way home to deliver Baylor T-shirts and Czech stop goodies to the Kirkendoll crew. Beau was wearing is Baylor shirt in honor of the Bear’s homecoming win! He was mainly curious as to how they won without ninjas on their team, ha.
 
I got back to Tyler Sunday afternoon and even had time to meet some friends for coffee. It was a busy weekend, but so much fun. Thanks Amy for being a great hostess and thanks again Sadler Rents for the awesome tickets! Sic’em Bears!

This weekend I'm headed back to Big-D to attend a little Halloween Party hosted by the Tillman Sisters!  Also, Amy and I have a fun Fall trip in the works.  I'll share details about that soon.  I love a good road trip! 

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Nice to meet you. I live in Bullard. We have been here since 2010. Love East Texas! Great to find your blog.1