Monday, December 12, 2011

2011 Holiday Home Tour

The Ice Skates on the mantel were given
to me by a Dallas friend.  They were his
 mother's.  The vintage handkerchief
 and gloves were my grandmother's.

I'm participating in a couple of online home tours later this week.  I'll be linking up with The Nester this Thursday and then with Kelly from Kelly's Korner on Friday for Show Us Your Life. 

It's been kind of fun decorating my new apartment.  I lucked out in the fact that my old decorations fit nicely in my new place.  I pretty much used all my old decorations and didn't have to buy anything new. 
If you know me, you know that I love sentimental pieces.  I've collected some special family pieces that I put out each year.  I may not fit them all in this post, but I'll try add another post about some of my favorite ornaments later this month. 

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. . . . . .

My tiny tree.

Living Room


Finally, a mantel to decorate!


Dining Room

Snow Village

Dining Room Niche - The blue, star tree topper
on the top shelf belonged to my maternal
grandparents, Mama Thelma and Daddy Red. 
I used Christmas scrapbook paper as wallpaper in the niche.

My great grandmother, Mama Pat's glass
ornaments in my vintage milk glass.


Thanks for stopping by.
Have a very Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Miss Charming said...

I love the art niche in your dining room. Such a great place to display the beautiful vintage ornaments and milk glass.