Monday, July 5, 2010

Home Sweet Home!

Dad was able to come home this past Friday. Those of you in Southeast Texas will remember that Friday was the day Houston got the tail end of Hurricane Alex. They closed I-10 and we ended up stuck in traffic for over 3 hours. We were finally able to back track and get over to Humble. The trip home took right at 6 hours. Needless to say, it was a rough trip for all of us.

Dad is doing well. He is still on Antibiotics 3 times a day and he has to go back to visit the infectious disease Dr. later this week to review the cultures again to make sure this drug will continue working. He has had a couple of visitors from the church and that has cheered him up. He plans to go to the church office for a couple of hours tomorrow just to get out of the house a little.

Please continue to pray with us that this drug will kill the infection for good. Sorry I have not updated the blog lately but I've been kind of busy.

Mom and I made Shrimp and Grits tonight - Yum! I'll post the recipe later.

Reminder: If you read this blog, please become a follower! Just click "Follow" on the right side of the blog and register. When I get 50 followers I will have my first Blog Giveaway!

I know there are a lot of you following, I ran in to three people in Nederland today that told me they have been following.

I'll post to new pics of dad soon too. He's really looking much better!

No comments: